oldest Unix machine(s)

Roy Smith roy at phri.UUCP
Mon May 13 00:24:38 AEST 1985

> and the Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art (a small NYC
> engineering school) (11/45, #???, still running, possibly still V4!).

	Yes, Cooper still has their '45 going strong, but with V6.  I
learned on that machine during my undergrad years there (1977-81).  They
added a 160 Mb fuji since I left, but still boot off the 2 RK-05's they had
when I got there (yup, 5 Mb total disk space).

	Isn't it amazing how 32 people can do real work on a machine with
256K of core (I think they finally upgraded to MOS ram) and a kernal that
only takes up about 20K?
--
allegra!phri!roy (Roy Smith)