... \"the long name problem\"? ( UniSoft users note ).

Tim Smith tim at cithep.UucP
Wed May 1 14:19:01 AEST 1985

summary of referenced article:  his compiler has long names, but his assembler
and linker do not.

This reminds me of something I noticed about UniSoft ports of System V.  The
assembler and linker support 50 character names ( along with a bug that makes
exactly 50 characters cause a core dump ).  This means that adb and nm and
everything else also know about them, so all UniSoft System V users with source
have to do is recompile the C compiler to use longer names.  I tried this
( it only required changing one #define ), and it seems to work.
--
"Just use your nuro-linguistic-programming to set up
 the right morpho-genetic field, and the rest is easy"