4.2BSD on uVaxII ??

Andrew Macpherson andrew at stc.UUCP
Thu May 16 12:04:23 AEST 1985

In article <391 at bu-cs.UUCP> root at bu-cs.UUCP (Barry Shein) writes:
>I guess what I am more or less confused about is, why are people buying
>microvaxes? I can think of only a few reasons:
>
>	1. You run VMS, so you got no choices (you fool.)

	I've just been to the London launch, we were promised that
	Ultrix 32m was available now.  On the other hand I came away
	with the impression that until the qda50 was available,
	forget it for multi-user applications.  (this wasn't what DEC
	were saying, rather what they were not saying).

	The configuration as a workstation with a small disk + ether
	board would suit me at work, but I suspect there are cheaper
	(?Sun?) ways to the same end.

	As an aside I find "vaxes" hard to say, what about "vaxen"
	(it even sounds more like work-horse :-)
--
Regards,
	Andrew Macpherson.	<andrew at stc.UUCP>