Fifo files on 4.2?

Ron Natalie ron at BRL
Fri May 3 01:53:50 AEST 1985

>  For another, the 4.2BSD UNIX domain socket
>  code was so buggy that one endangers his system by trying to use it.

Ah, jeez Doug.  For someone who is is always bitching at people who send
bug reports out for problems that have been fixed in the latest version
of the code, you should have realized that we have actually fixed the
problem with the so-called "UNIX IPC" a long time ago.

I do admit you are right, Berkeley broke some of the pipe conventions
when they switched them over to being sockets such that code no longer
works.  In addition, I could do FIFO's with the BRL socket inode code,
but it would be extrordinarily messy.  I would suggest that anyone
who really needs them actually implement them.

-Ron