'munhash' panic

George White george at weitek.UUCP
Wed May 22 07:27:00 AEST 1985

We have recently installed a VAX780 which every once in a while
crashes with a 'munhash' panic message.  I have determined that
this occurs only while someone is using dbx.  I suspect a
hardware problem since the same dbx works on a VAX750 and the
occurance of the panic is frequent but not always deterministic.
It would be useful to have more info on what dbx does that could
cause this problem so that I can point the DEC repairman in the
right direction (their first reaction will be 'I can't run the
diags without VMS').  Any help or insight into problem would be
greatly appreciated.

				Thanks

				George White
				Weitek Corp.