Unkillable processes

Randy Suess root at wlcrjs.UUCP
Mon May 6 06:10:44 AEST 1985

In article <119 at loonam.UUCP> gn at loonam.UUCP (The Unknown one) writes:
>> I have seen several times in the past years, processes which cannot
>> be killed on UNIX.
>
>  As a side light there was the same problem under Xenix 2.5, a
>process would hang and was unable to be killed short of shutdown.
>
> This was fixed on Xenix 3.0.

	Noop, it wasn't..  I run a pair of Altos 586's networked together with
3.0b.  The problem still exists when an i/o device bombs, the process never
terminates and kill -9 pid don't work.

	BTW, I just received the Altos Booster Pak (4.2bsd fast file system) and
it's got a major problem.  The umount command causes a panic crash.  Also, with
25000 blocks(512 bytes) free on 3.0b, the Booster comes up with about 7 megs
free.  Icky...

--
.. that's the biz, sweetheart ..
Randy Suess