4.2BSD on uVaxII ??

jack at boring.UUCP jack at boring.UUCP
Thu May 16 02:11:48 AEST 1985

In article <92 at ecrcvax.UUCP> snoopy at ecrcvax.UUCP (Sebastian Schmitz) writes:
>The $64,000 question: what about UNIX. Well needless to say not
>4.2 (due to lack of Q-Bus device drivers) but rather ULTRIX 32m
>(for MicroVAX).

You've got me confused here. What's the difference between Q-bus
device drivers and unibus device drivers?
As far as I know, all the XXV-99 interfaces by DEC are software
compatible with their unibus XX-99 brothers, or am I missing
something here?
Are there problems with unibus maps/qbus maps, or is something
else the problem?

--
	Jack Jansen, jack at mcvax.UUCP
	The shell is my oyster.