run queues on Vaxen running Unix

R. Curtis Jackson rcj at burl.UUCP
Fri May 31 03:00:10 AEST 1985

Just curious to know the largest runques observed on Vaxen.  I am running
on several different Vax 11/780s all running SVR2.  One machine always
has the largest runques; I take samples via 'sar -q 3 20'; it takes an
average every 3 seconds for a minute (20 times) and gives an average
figure.  The worst I had seen before this machine was an average of 17.

Yesterday I did one of these and the average was 40.3, with a high
runque of 46.8!!!

Anyone seen anything worse than this?
--

The MAD Programmer -- 919-228-3313 (Cornet 291)
alias: Curtis Jackson	...![ ihnp4 ulysses cbosgd mgnetp ]!burl!rcj