rts/cts on 3b2 tty ports

Robert Viduya robert at gitpyr.UUCP
Fri May 24 08:47:50 AEST 1985

> how do you figure that it's "gross" for uucp to expect an 8-bit data
> path?  what can we say about networking hardware that is incapable of
> providing transparent connections?
> 	peter

The U/B network is perfectly capable of providing transparent conditions.  The
problem lies in the fact that we want to operate the lines at at least 9600
baud (preferably 19200) and the 3B2 can't handle that without some type of
flow control.
			robert
--
Robert Viduya
Georgia Institute of Technology

...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,masscomp,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!robert
...!{rlgvax,sb1,uf-cgrl,unmvax,ut-sally}!gatech!gitpyr!robert