Problem with modem ports

chris moore cmoore at amdimage.UUCP
Thu May 16 06:02:44 AEST 1985

We seem to be having a problem with our modem ports.  We
are running an 11/730 with a dmf-32 interface.  I have
the modems into the two modem ports (ports 0 and 1) on the
dmf.  It seems to work most of the time, but every now and
then when I logout from the modem line, the system doesn't
drop DTR and hang up the modem.  When this happens, if I
hang up the line from the terminal end, the getty on that
port goes away (as it should) and leaves an init, but when
that line is called again I don't get a new getty; the system
just hangs in the init.   The only way to get it back is to
go in and kill the init on that line so that the master init
(process 1) will restart a new one.

Has anyone seen this problem before, and is there a fix?
By the way, we're running 4.2bsd, if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

--

Of course we have backup tapes.  Do you want last year or the
 year before?

 Chris Moore (408) 749-4692
 UUCP: {ucbvax,decwrl,ihnp4,allegra}!amdcad!amdimage!cmoore