net.os

Dave Mason mason at utcsri.UUCP
Tue Nov 5 06:22:44 AEST 1985

I feel we need a net.os to discuss operating system topics.  Right now
this is spread all over the net, mainly in heavily used groups like
unix-wizards.  Unix isn't everything, and even there it would be nice to
have a discussion not buried by discussion of bugs, etc.

I said all this a couple of months ago, got about thirty responses,
only to be told "you didn't go about it the right way", which I think
is a little crazy to be told after the fact.  I now understand that the
right way to do it is to swamp the net.  So if you want net.os, use your
'f' (not 'F') key NOW!
--
Usenet:	{dalcs dciem garfield musocs qucis sask titan trigraph ubc-vision
 	 utzoo watmath allegra cornell decvax decwrl ihnp4 uw-beaver}