does SysV have ctags?

Joseph S. D. Yao jsdy at hadron.UUCP
Sun Nov 17 08:49:25 AEST 1985

In article <522 at busch.UUCP> dcm at busch.UUCP (Craig Miller) writes:
>'vi -t function' seems to work but I can't figure out how to
>generate the tags file.  Did it just get left out on our machine
>or is there an option to an existing program to output the tags
>file?  Any help is appreciated...

If you have source SysV, then look in /usr/src/cmd/vi/misc (I think)
for the sources to ctags and other goodies.  'strings' is wrong.
These can be simply compiled and put in /usr/bin.  If you don't have
V2R2 I won't guarantee what I just said, but I think they were
there before.

If you are binary, tell your supplier that this is in the known
bugs list, #76 or something, and they should have a 'ctags' to
give you.   Good luck trying to get it, though.
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy at seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}