UUCP Protocol Request Status Summary

Tanner Andrews tanner at ki4pv.UUCP
Wed Nov 13 09:24:09 AEST 1985

Summary of replies, and status:

(1) those who snet "me-too" messages will be getting a preliminary
    draft of the information fairly soon.  i need to wait to see
    if i get anything else that clears up the matter.

(2) those wondering why i would want to deal with it:  if i can't
    get something of that nature up so i have a tolerable communication
    with this pfing IBM-alike before long, I'll go out of my tree.  I
    am currently using a means of fle transfer that is so inconvenient
    and human-attention-intensive that i think a uucp implementation
    would pay for itself in not too much time.  I might even replace
    the implementation on this system with one that was a little more
    tolerant of phone-dialing ideosyncracies.

(3) those warning of bell lawsuit if sources swiped:  i'll be
    careful.  i have no access to the sources here, so it should
    be pretty clear that i haven't swiped any trade secrets from
    their sources.  if i do write a prog that talks uucp,
    i'll be careful with it and make sure that it stays out of the
    trade-secret arena.  i imagine that a little caution here now will
    pay off later.

--
<std dsclm, copies upon request>	   Tanner Andrews, KI4PV
uucp:					...!decvax!ucf-cs!ki4pv!tanner