4.2 bsd with DEC terminal server?

Neville D. Newman NEVILLE%umass-cs.csnet at CSNET-RELAY.ARPA
Mon Nov 4 17:44:58 AEST 1985

We have just connected a VAX 750 running 4.2 bsd  to a DEC terminal
server V2.0.  Since we don't have the LAT protocol interface software
for Unix we can't connect directly from the server and have set up
remote-access ports from the server to the Vax.

We would appreciate answers to the following questions.
*  Are there any other sites running this configuration?
*  Has anybody developed LAT-protocol software that would allow this
    connection to be made over the Ethernet?  If so, can we get it?

A loosely related question:
    Is there a simple way to get the lack-of-processing effect of
    RAW mode but with only a 7-bit data path?  CBREAK mode is obviously
    no good for this because of needing to catch and map all the special
    interrupt characters.  Perhaps someone has come up with an IOCTL
    for 7-bit RAW?

						Thanks,

						Neville Newman
						Valerie Caro