help with DMR link, please

Bob Miorelli miorelli at pwa-b.UUCP
Wed Nov 6 04:47:02 AEST 1985

I need help setting up a Unix network using a pair of DMR's.
This is a vanilla 4.2 system and just got a second machine (also 4.2)
about 3 miles away.  We want to network them over a pair of
DMR's at 56K baud.

I'm really not sure how to configure things.  I did specify
inet, loop, ether, and pty in my config file (pseudo-devices)
and put the dmc specification in.  Unix does recognize the dmc0
at boot time.  Now what?? I'm not sure what goes in the /etc/hosts
file (including how to specify the lopback).  I did add a line
to my rc.local of the form "/etc/ifconfig dmc0 `hostname`".

What's next ?? what did I miss??
Thanks for any pointers you can give me.
--

-->BoB Miorelli, Pratt & Whitney Aircraft
philabs!pwa-b!miorelli