Problem with curses ``getstr()''.

Michael Cooper mcooper at oberon.UUCP
Thu Oct 17 13:47:37 AEST 1985

Ahh, yes.  Another curses problem.  Or at least it is a problem
that curses is having with me!  I am trying to get a string from a window
with wgetstr(win, buf).  Now I checked both in the documentation and
getstr.c and both say that getstr reads up to a newline ('\n') or EOF.
When I put this into practice, though, it just plain doesn't work.  It
keeps reading everything in.  This includes newlines, SIGINTR, SIGKILL,
SIGSUSP.  The only way to get out of it is to use another terminal and kill
the program's process.

Would somebody care to point out something that I missed?  Or is it
just another bug from the braindamaged Berzerkeley?  If so, anybody want to
volunteer a fix?

--
					Michael Cooper

| University of Southern California - University Computing Services	     |
|	Usenet: ...!{uscvax, sdcrdcf, engvax, scgvaxd, smeagol,	             |
|		    cit-vax, brand, dworkin, tyger, omnilax}!oberon!mcooper  |
|	Bitnet: mcooper at uscvaxq, mcooper at jaxom 				     |
|	  ARPA:	mcooper at usc-oberon.arpa	  OR   mcooper at usc-eclc.arpa  	     |