test vs []

BostonU SysMgr root%bostonu.csnet at CSNET-RELAY.ARPA
Tue Oct 29 08:36:13 AEST 1985

Uh, could we move this discussion to net.unix or net.religion, it has
degenerated to pure noise (personally, I prefer plaid curly braces with
bright blue ribbons.)

The original question was quite reasonable, is [] completely portable,
I think the answer was, not completely, very very much so, but not
completely, and easily compensated for, now judge your real needs
(could the software installer possibly either make the link or edit
the shell program, or maybe even you distribute both versions to be
safe as they only probably differ by a short edit session, or maybe an
edit script, or a phone number where you can be reached in the header
comment.)

	-Barry Shein, Boston University