Microsoft C Link Failure

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.UUCP
Wed Oct 16 17:04:14 AEST 1985

When attempting to link a moderately large medium model program using
the Xenix to DOS cross development library, I get a linker error as
follows:

Fixup overflow near 0000 in segment XP in
/usr/lib/dos/Mdlibc.a(CPREDATA) offset 54a1H

If I try to run the resulting program, the obvious result is that
exit() returns to the caller, not DOS.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem, other than making the program
small enough to fit in a 64k segment (which blows the purpose of the
medium model) ??

The Xenix OEM can't fix the problem because Microsoft is apparently not
releasing the source code to the DOS library.
--
  Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf   CIS:70715,131
Omen Technology Inc     17505-V NW Sauvie Island Road Portland OR 97231