code quality

lauren at RAND-UNIX.ARPA lauren at RAND-UNIX.ARPA
Wed Oct 9 15:40:35 AEST 1985

Frankly, I don't think that much of the code quality we see from places
OTHER than AT&T is all that great either.  Lots of the non-AT&T programs
I've seen posted are horribly written--not all, but LOTS.  But then,
by no means is all AT&T code badly written either.  There's good AND
bad code everywhere.  There are good AND bad programmers everywhere.
Even code that originally was "good" can be ruined down the line
by "bad" programmers who decide to modify ("improve") it, then do it
badly or just plain wrong, and then distribute the result.

--Lauren--