help wanted with printcap definitions

gieske wg at aluxp.UUCP
Mon Oct 7 22:45:40 AEST 1985

I am trying to set up a printcap file for a C. Itoh 1550 printer and need
some help with the horizontal spacing portion of the definition.  I have
most everything else working fine, such as 10, 12 and 17 cpi, underlining,
bolding, italics.  I have defined a wheel file detailing the various char-
acter widths.  But, when I print in proportional mode, some letters over-
print others.  I suspect I don't have the horizontal routines specified
properly, but am at a loss as to what's wrong.  Anyone either with an
already working printcap file or with an understanding of printcap able
to help?  I am told that a NEC 8600 (?) printcap will work, but cannot
find that either.

Thanks,
Bill Gieske
AT&T-BL AL