Help with sendmail configuration file

John Labovitz jsl at potomac.UUCP
Fri Oct 18 05:23:52 AEST 1985

I'm trying to set up our sendmail configuration file so that mail to certain
users get sent off to a special mailer.  I'm having no luck with under-
standing the sendmail ``documentation,'' so I thought I'd ask the net about
it.

Basically, I want any mail coming in as ``user%EMS at potomac'' to get sent off
to a special program (called, say, emsmailer).  Note that ``EMS'' is not a
host, just a special name for another mail system here.

Assuming the ``standard'' sendmail.cf file (at the top it says
``domain.mc''), how should I do this?

Rulesets and the rest of the sendmail.cf file have me totally confused.  I
can't even understand the **#$@ file, much less put my own rules in.
Apologies to the author(s), but this is an obscene, digusting program.  We
don't have source, so I can't look at that either.  I'm almost tempted to
write my own, but I don't know how to interface with the rest of the system.
--
John Labovitz		..!{rlgvax,seismo}!bdmrrr!potomac!jsl