software for our students

FOXEA%VPIVAX3.BITNET at WISCVM.ARPA FOXEA%VPIVAX3.BITNET at WISCVM.ARPA
Fri Oct 11 08:21:19 AEST 1985

At Virginia Tech we have instituted a requirement this year for our
undergraduates to each purchase, starting in freshman year, PCs running UNIX.
This year the students have a super deal and are getting Mac-L systems
(Mac-XL except 10M external Profile is used instead of internal drive),
 with 1M RAM, UNIPLUS port of System V.

We will soon join USENET but have not done so and so do not get net.sources
Does anyone have an archive we could have copied to a tape so we can
let students utilize that?  We are especially interested in graphics
or visual shell or related software so we can use the bitmap and mouse;
our UNIX only views console as an enhanced VT100.

Please send replies to ARPAnet address fox%vpi at csnet-relay or BITNET
address fox at vpics1.  Many thanks, Ed Fox, Dept. of Computer Science
PS requirement is for CS students only