"curses problems"

Tim Curry tim at ucf-cs.UUCP
Sat Oct 19 20:06:29 AEST 1985

/*
 * This simple little curses program does not work on my Televideo 925
 *
 * Configuration: 3b2/300 with System 5R2
 * Compile command: cc file.c -lcurses
 * Problem: Line 4 is bad (missing w on word2) line 6 is correct.
 * The problem is evident by directing stdout to a file and od -c if
 * you don't have a tvi925.
 *
 * Configuration: VAX 11/780 with 4.2BSD
 * Compile command: cc -DBSD file.c -lcurses -ltermlib
 * Problem: Must stty -tabs and ug chars not taken into account by curses
 *
 * Anyone have any suggestions?  I also note that the 4.2bsd curses does
 * not support attrset or keypad.  How is the equivalent accomplished in
 * 4.2?  Do you have to resort to termcap calls for underline and keypad
 * sequences and then handle them yourself somehow?  Finally, where can I
 * find the public domain curses that I have heard of on the net and does
 * it support the sys5 calls or the bsd calls?  All info is appreciated.
 * Thanks in advance.
 *		uucp:		decvax!ucf-cs!tim
 *		csnet/arpanet:	tim.ucf-cs at csnet-relay
 */

#include	<curses.h>

main()
{