Tape drive out to lunch

BostonU SysMgr root%bostonu.csnet at CSNET-RELAY.ARPA
Wed Oct 16 04:14:05 AEST 1985

>(eichelbe at nadc)
>I was running a tape job and everything was going along
>fine.  Then all of a sudden, my job bombed.  The tape was not rewound.
>Any "mt" commands met with:
>	/dev/rmt12: No such device or address

>>(rsk at pucc-k)
>>A guess:
>>The tape drive did not get auto-config'd in on your last reboot;

Bad guess, try reading the article first, if it hadn't gotten auto-config'd
how would the 'tape job and everything (sic?) was going along fine' had
happened?? I believe Chris Torek answered this one so I won't belabor it
further.

	-Barry Shein, Boston University