TAR DOES NOT SWAP BYTES (3B20 tape block size)

John Quarterman jsq at im4u.UUCP
Mon Oct 21 05:02:33 AEST 1985

In article <268 at laidbak.UUCP> dpb at laidbak.UUCP (Darryl Baker) writes:
> [...]

Ahem!  While I do not necessarily take exception to any of the text you
quoted, none of it was by me.  My comment was the one saying that the
actual limit is 10 (512 byte) blocks, and that you must specify that
when reading a tape with tar, as well as when writing one.

Please keep your attributions straight.
--
John Quarterman,   UUCP:  {ihnp4,seismo,harvard,gatech}!ut-sally!jsq
ARPA Internet and CSNET:  jsq at sally.UTEXAS.EDU, formerly jsq at ut-sally.ARPA