Maybe there should be a new flag to open(2)

Boyd Roberts boyd at basser.oz
Sat Oct 19 17:49:59 AEST 1985

It really must be head-through-the-terminal time.  Features, you want
features!  I want coherence, clean design and clarity of implementation.
I just can't believe the attitude of "I need this dubious feature because
I couldn't code up a solution without it".

But, anyway, if you want this crap, why not write it in user-mode.  That's
why we use C.  That's why we have functions.  You can poison your own domain,
but leave the rest of the place free from such pestilence.

When I see news items containing such puerile and infantile suggestions,
my first reaction is to put an axe through my terminal, find another one,
``su'' and ``rm -fr /usr/spool/news''.

I guess you could say I feel strongly about this.

Boyd Roberts		...!seismo!munnari!basser.oz!boyd