Does 4.2 know about tu81 (and can you boot from it?)

Ted Nolan ted at usceast.UUCP
Thu Oct 10 12:22:30 AEST 1985

Hi folks,

I will shortly have to bring up 4.2 bsd on a 780 with a tu81 tape drive.
I can't find this one mentioned anywhere in the installing 4.2 guide,
and the DEC rep's offhand claim that it was software compatible with a tu80
seems not to be playing out.  Does vanilla 4.2 know about tu81's?
(ie do they really emulate a tu80 or what?) and is it possible to boot
the distribution tape from one?  Any information or suggestions will
be appreciated... Mail only please, if the response is interesting
I will relay it to the net.

				Thanks
				Ted Nolan  ..usceast!ted
Ted Nolan                   ...decvax!mcnc!ncsu!ncrcae!usceast!ted  (UUCP)
6536 Brookside Circle       ...akgua!usceast!ted
Columbia, SC 29206          allegra!usceast!ted at seismo (ARPA, maybe)

      ("Deep space is my dwelling place, the stars my destination")