code quality

Mikel Manitius mikel at codas.UUCP
Sat Oct 19 10:13:09 AEST 1985

I would like to point out one fact about software, companies contract
many consultants, who very often write C software, it has been my
experience in the past, where I have known several consultants
who claimed to be "proficient in C and Unix", who's C code was rediculously
clumsy, and contained indefinite logic problems, I have seen such software
released.

Before anyone starts flaming, I am not in any way blaming poor software
on consultants, or blaming consultants for poor software. I was once a
consultant myself. However, I would really like to see much tighter
quality control of personel before allowing them to do any work!
I would almost love to name some individuals who caused many problems
in the systems they worked on, perhaps others could avoid them.
Someone somewhere should think of setting up a "credit office" for
programer information, so that "trojan horse" programers would not
last very long.
--
	Mikel Manitius  - ...{ihnp4|akguc|attmail|indra!koura}!codas!mikel