Shell Filter

David W. Vezie dv at well.UUCP
Sat Oct 19 19:06:06 AEST 1985

On the subject of Shell Filters, I've thought of writing a program
called "emulate" that would start up a shell as any terminal you
desired.  It would read in data, interpret that as if it were for
that kind of terminal, figure out how to do that with your terminal,
and do it to your terminal.  It would also figure out (somehow) about
function keys.  The nice thing about it would be in case you had some
terminal depndent code, and wanted to be able to use it on a different
terminal.  Has anyone heard of such a beast (I've never been into
re-inventing the wheel (That was my great^n grandfather's claim to fame!)).

			David W. Vezie

			{dual|hplabs}!well!dv