Inquiry on cu Command to Access non-UNIX Systems

J.McGhee jmg at sftig.UUCP
Sat Oct 5 05:26:54 AEST 1985

	I've been trying to access non-UNIX microsystems running bulletin
board system software by means of the "cu" command specifying a dial-up
number as follows:

$ cu -td -s300 telno

	In following the progress of the call through the diagnostics,
I either get "BUSY" which is to be expected or "NO ANSWER" which was
not expected because in calling the same number with a handset I always
hear the carrier when the line is not busy.
	Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong? And does anyone
have any additional information on the "cu" command other than that found
in the UNIX manual.

					Joe McGhee
					ihnp4!sftig!jmg