Accounting Suspended out of the blue 4.2BSD

Dave Cohrs dave at uwvax.UUCP
Sun Sep 22 00:40:05 AEST 1985

> This is the 2nd time that our accounting has shut down.  The symptoms
> are no accounting (not even for myself :-) and A message
> "Accounting Suspended" printed on the console.

When the /usr filesystem goes >90% (or is it 95%?) accounting shuts
itself off so that it (rememeber, accounting is done as root, which
doesn't stop writing at 100% full -- it stops at 110%, see the 4.2 filesystem
paper for an explanation) doesn't completely full up the disk.  You have
two possible solutions:

1) delete some stuff -- /usr always has too much junk in it

2) find a larger filesystem for /usr

--
Dave Cohrs
(608) 262-1204