curses question

Ken Arnold%CGL arnold at ucsfcgl.UUCP
Thu Sep 12 11:32:22 AEST 1985

In article <178 at chinet.UUCP> rlk at chinet.UUCP (Richard L. Klappal) writes:
>I am hoping for some curses(d) enlightenment!!
>
>My problems:
>	getstr() and scanw()/wscanw()

You have problems with getst() and scanw() because they were never
fully debugged because nobody I knew ever found them useful enough to
use.  I (and everyone I ever knew) always wrote my own input handling
routines, especially since most curses programs do very special things
with certain input, so general routines are pretty useless.

These comments do not necessarily apply to System Vr2 curses, since
that was written independently by Mark Horton

		Ken Arnold