kernel profiling crashing system (4.2/BRL, 785)

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at nsc.UUCP
Thu Sep 12 15:21:53 AEST 1985

I'm having trouble running a kernel compiled with profiling on my 785. Any
time I turn on profiling and start up any kind of load (one user, running
one make) the system will abort down into the microcode with an Illegal
interrupt stack abord. Since it is dropping directly down into the
microcode, I can't get a core dump to track it down, but I suspect some
kind of difference in the way the 785 does things over the 780. Anyone seen
this yet, or any suggestions on where to look? (We're running 4.2 with the
BRL enhancements with a few local kernel hacks that really shouldn't make
any difference.)

chuq
--
Chuq Von Rospach nsc!chuqui at decwrl.ARPA {decwrl,hplabs,ihnp4}!nsc!chuqui

An uninformed opinion is no opinion at all. If you dont know what you're
talking about, please try to do it quietly.