4.2 or 4.3 for uVaxII?

Arthur David Olson ado at elsie.UUCP
Mon Sep 2 07:52:00 AEST 1985

In article <10249 at ucbvax.ARPA>, jordan at ucbvax.ARPA (Jordan Hayes) writes:
> We here in the distribution office for 4BSD will sell anyone with
> a SYS III or SYS V (current) AT&T (commercial or university) source
> license 4.2BSD. It runs on VAX-11/7{3,5,8}0. . .
> The current price of 4.2BSD is $750.

Note, however, that in addition to paying $750 you also get to sign a license
with the UC Regents; this has posed challenges for some groups.  You might
want to ensure that your group can avoid such challenges before making plans
based on getting 4.2BSD.

This article, as all others, contains my personal views.
--
UNIX is an AT&T Bell Laboratories trademark.