Extra MAIL messages.

Thomas at uwai.UUCP Thomas at uwai.UUCP
Tue Sep 17 23:37:24 AEST 1985

***  notch at srcsip.UUCP (Michael k Notch) :

*** ..!{allegra,decvax,seismo}!rochester!ken ARPA: ken at rochester.arpa :
> In 4.x BSD you could make /usr/spool/mail/<user> a symlink to a file in
> the user's directories.

> It won't save any disk space but at least it will keep /usr/spool from
> overflowing and encourage users to dispose of their mail if you are
> imposing quotas.

this still won't work as is.  sendmail refuses to deliver to a symbolic
link.  or a file with more than one hard link, for that matter.

tom

--

Tom Christiansen
University of Wisconsin