help - escape key detection

Dave Hollander dmh at dicomed.UUCP
Tue Sep 17 05:36:43 AEST 1985

HELP:

	How do you distinguish between the actual escape key and
escape sequences generated by arrow keys, etc.?

	I am looking for a nice solution; however I will gratefully accept
any reasonable solution. vi running on the AT works, but it does seem to
get confused at times.

	One of the keys seems to be to test to see if a key has been entered
without waiting.  Is there an easy (read: section III) way to do this.

( The program runs curses on a BSD4.2 and IBM XENIX 1.0 )

					Thanks in advance:

					Dave Hollander
					DICOMED Corp.
					{ihnp4,mgnetp}!dicomed!dmh