AT&T networking

USENET News Administration usenet at ucbvax.ARPA
Mon Sep 23 11:46:35 AEST 1985

It is my understanding that the AT&T 3B series of computers do not as
yet speak IP/TCP (the ARPANET protocols, which come with 4 BSD).
However, in order to fulfill the requirements of a recently obtained
government contract, they will have to. It was reported that AT&T
contracted with The Wollongong Group (of VMS/Eunice fame) to do the
work.

As to the compatability of the networking hardware they use, I don't
know.  It does not appear (from what I have read here & elsewhere) that
it is compatible with anything other than itself.

	Erik E. Fair	ucbvax!fair	fair at ucbarpa.BERKELEY.EDU