uucp ?honeydanber only? uucico question

Curtis Jackson rcj at burl.UUCP
Mon Sep 30 17:00:24 AEST 1985

I am running honeydanber uucp, and have had considerable problems
trying to contact one system (amd).  About 1 out of every 8 successful
calls to amd are also successful in logging in -- the other 7 fail
with a BAD LOGIN/MACHINE COMBINATION message.  If I run uucico by hand
with the debugging option on full-blast:

/usr/lib/uucp/uucico -r1 -samd -x9

burl ALWAYS logs in perfectly and has a beautiful and meaningful conversation
with amd.

What is the difference between my normal kick of uucp:

/usr/lib/uucp/uucico -r1 -samd &

and the one above?

Thanks in advance for any help on this one -- and please mail rather
than follow-up or post,
--

The MAD Programmer -- 919-228-3313 (Cornet 291)
alias: Curtis Jackson	...![ ihnp4 ulysses cbosgd mgnetp ]!burl!rcj