Need a fast blast program for 4.2bsd internet

Web Dove dove at mit-bug.UUCP
Thu Sep 26 00:10:23 AEST 1985

We need to transfer pictures (~256kbytes) between two 750's (running
4.2bsd on the same relatively idle subnet) FAST!

People on unix-wizards have suggested rcp and ftp/binary, but I can't
get better than 60kbytes/sec that way (feel free to contradict me if I
should be getting better performance).  It seems that a 10Mbit
net should be capable of better performance.

Does anyone out there have programs that uses a faster protocol
(presumably with raw sockets) to xfer files?

Other advice on this is welcome.