Callan UUCP system names on System-V, utsname.

Bob Peirce rbp at investor.UUCP
Sat Sep 14 11:16:56 AEST 1985

> 	It's been our experience that the "setuname" coomand works
> just fine on System V and V.2. We distribute a system based on the CT

> 	Seriously, using the (1M) utilities will save you a lot
> of headaches, especially if you don't knoiw exactly what *surpirises*

This assumes you have setuname.  On my Altos 68000 Sys III Unix there
is a similar command called setnode.  However, it is not documented in
the Unix Manual form AT&T.  Therefore, I have to assume it is something
Altos added to solve the same problem.
--

	 	    Bob Peirce, Pittsburgh, PA
	    uucp: ...!{allegra, bellcore, cadre, idis}

	    NOTE:  Mail must be < 30K  bytes/message