HELP!! SVr2 grow filesystem panic!!

Curtis Jackson rcj at burl.UUCP
Tue Sep 10 00:39:31 AEST 1985

In article <181 at graffiti.UUCP> peter at graffiti.UUCP (Peter da Silva) writes:
>> 	cd fromdir; tar cf - . | ( cd todir; tar xf - )
>>
>> <more from original article>
>>
>Far be it for me to do something for SV, but:
>
>	( cd fromdir; tar cf - . ) | ( cd todir; tar xf - )

Huh?  The only difference I can see is that the stdout from the cd command
gets piped to the 'tar xf'.  BFD.  If you agree with me that it makes no
difference which way you execute this command, don't bother to write; otherwise
please mail me and tell me what I'm missing.

Thanks,
--

The MAD Programmer -- 919-228-3313 (Cornet 291)
alias: Curtis Jackson	...![ ihnp4 ulysses cbosgd mgnetp ]!burl!rcj