Shipments of uVAX II resume after NEC component replaced

Random rcb at rti-sel.UUCP
Mon Sep 30 23:33:16 AEST 1985

In article <4406 at amdcad.UUCP> phil at amdcad.UUCP (Phil Ngai) writes:
>(From 9/23/85 Electronics)
>
>	DEC's Ultrix was at first thought to be at fault because the
>failure occurred when the uVAX was running under that operating
>system, but did not occur under the VMS operating system. However, VMS
>in effect masked the error because it regularly writes to all memory
>chips as part of normal operation.

Anyone know where they got this information. I work on VMS almost exclusively
and I have never heard of this business of writing to all memory locations
regularly. Any information about this or is "Electronics" just totally
confused.

--
					Random
					Research Triangle Institute