RA81 formatting via mkfs

eichelbe at nadc.ARPA eichelbe at nadc.ARPA
Wed Sep 18 23:47:10 AEST 1985

---
	I am going to receive 3 DEC RA81 disk drives and a UDA50 controller in
about one month.  I am running VAX 4.1 BSD UNIX and I am being supplied with the
device driver for the disks, but:
	(1) Does 4.2 BSD UNIX come with a device driver for RA81's ?
	(2) How do I format the disk drives with /etc/mkfs under 4.1 BSD UNIX?

	Does 4.2 BSD even acknowledge the existence of RA81's?  I figure that
it must, since I've seen so many complaints about RA81's on the wizard's mail.
We are getting 4.2 BSD and eventually 4.3 BSD, but the drives will be here
first, so we'll be running under 4.1 BSD with these new disks for a while.

	Any help, especially from those of you who actually have RA81's, would
be appreciated.

	Thanks.
		Jon Eichelberger
		eichelbe at NADC