help with the \"ideal\" manual

William LeFebvre phil at RICE.ARPA
Fri Sep 6 03:09:02 AEST 1985

HELP!!

I just tried printing a copy of the "ideal" manual (by Chris Van Wyck).
When I ran it thru ideal, it failed, claiming that it couldn't open the
"sector" libfile.  Further investigation shows that there are two
libfiles that the ideal manual references that we do not have: "sector"
and "segment".  Either they are not included in the standard
distribution or we managed to lose them somehow.  They sould be in
the directory "ideal/lib", but they are not.

Does anyone have these files that they can send me?  I'm willing to do
whatever is considered necessary and reasonable to prove that we have a
Unix license and a ditroff license.  Or are these files not to be had:
a cheap method that AT&T is using to keep people from printing extra
copies of the ideal manual?  I'm sure these files are short and simple,
but I don't fancy the idea of recreating them based on my knowledge of
ideal.

			William LeFebvre
			Department of Computer Science
			Rice University