Knuth Bugs

Bill Kelly bllklly at uwmacc.UUCP
Thu Sep 19 23:46:26 AEST 1985

> What happened to the old days when people would pay you to find
> bugs?  Remember Knuth Vol 1, 2, & 3?  Didn't Knuth offer $0.25
> per error?

He still does!  He offered $2.56 for anyone finding errors in preprints of
The TeXbook, and I think $5.12 for anyone finding a bug in TeX.  To answer
someone else's question, yes, the only person I know who got one of these
checks did frame it!
--
Bi||     {allegra, ihnp4, seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!bllklly
Ke||y    UW-Madison, 1210 West Dayton St., Madison WI 53706

"Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is supposed
 to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley