Pagination in TTY driver (history)

Wilson H. Bent whb at vax135.UUCP
Thu Sep 26 03:38:33 AEST 1985

Ah, but if the terminal does the history, etc, does it store it when
powered down?  I use a tty5620dmd/blit (the longest-named terminal in
the world!), which is very smart and has very smart software already
written, but no memory other than baud rate, etc.  There are several
examples of history use which extend from one day to the next - I guess
any complicated ones could be made into shell scripts, but that's not
the point.  UN*X remembers, so my terminal doesn't have to.  And that's
why I can also use an ADM-3A.

Wilson H. Bent, Jr.		... ihnp4!vax135!hoh-2!whb
AT&T - Bell Laboratories	(201) 949-1277
Disclaimer: My company has not authorized me to issue a disclaimer.