Extra MAIL messages.

Blittermuis ken at rochester.UUCP
Tue Sep 17 04:41:23 AEST 1985

In article <1161 at srcsip.UUCP> notch at srcsip.UUCP (Michael k Notch) writes:
>On our system we have a problem of defined users not reading their mail
>messages and since we have many people, our disk gets filled up.
>Does anyone know of a way to set a time limit on how long a mail message
>exists?

In 4.x BSD you could make /usr/spool/mail/<user> a symlink to a file in
the user's directories.

It won't save any disk space but at least it will keep /usr/spool from
overflowing and encourage users to dispose of their mail if you are
imposing quotas.

	Ken
UUCP: ..!{allegra,decvax,seismo}!rochester!ken ARPA: ken at rochester.arpa
USnail:	Dept. of Comp. Sci., U. of Rochester, NY 14627. Voice: Ken!