unmounting disks

Steve Reynolds reynolds%uofm-uts.cdn%ubc.csnet at CSNET-RELAY.ARPA
Tue Sep 10 12:22:11 AEST 1985

     I got a call from a dismayed NCR TOWER user the other day and he
was in a state of dismay.  He purchased a Tower system from a software
house in New York to do some accounting and stuff and, after the last
OS upgrade, the large disks that he had stopped working.  More specifically,
the disk drive was being unmounted at bizarre intervals making the system
a very large pain to use.  I have used one of these towers for the last
two years and have had no problems at all.  Has anyone out there had any
problems similar to this on any unix system that they have worked on??
If so, what did you do to fix it??

                                Steve

   Please send responses to me and I will summarize to the net.

 #include <dsclm.h>