ps problem solved - more stupidity on our part

Curtis Jackson rcj at burl.UUCP
Thu Sep 5 00:08:08 AEST 1985

The first reply to my HELP!! article gave me the answer -- many thanks
to dutoit!norman for his insight.  Although we changed the location of
the swap area in the config file, reconfig'd properly, and remade the
system properly; but it does help if you remove the old /dev/swap and
do a mknod for a new one with the new major and minor device numbers;
we were swapping onto a garbage area that used to hold news.

One question, though:  since we were swapping into the old swap area
because we forgot the mknod, just what does changing the 'swap' line
in the system definition file (config input) do?

Thanks to anyone whose reply is already on the way!
--

The MAD Programmer -- 919-228-3313 (Cornet 291)
alias: Curtis Jackson	...![ ihnp4 ulysses cbosgd mgnetp ]!burl!rcj