Problems with Masscomp

keith gorlen keith at cecil.UUCP
Fri Sep 13 00:51:35 AEST 1985

My experience with Masscomp has been similar to that of Charlie Perkins.
We have had our system for two years, and have had very few hardware
problems; when we do have a problem it is promptly fixed.  As a result,
system availability is about 99%.

There are software problems, but telephone support has been good.  On
several occasions the person who wrote the code has spent hours on the
phone to get a problem resolved.

Overall, I think the Masscomp has excellent data acquisition and scientific
data processing capabilities combined with mediocre graphics.  Hopefully
the graphics will be better on their soon-to-be announced new product line.

(The above opinions are my own, obviously!)

--
Keith Gorlen	seismo!elsie!cecil!keith